Design Nerd Jam 6.2 – HiVE Alive
RSVP here: http://hivemind.eventbrite.ca
Meet the Hive Mind, the consultative think tank growing within the Hive. For this inaugural event Hive Mind decided to pair up with the Vancouver Design Nerds to host a fantastic evening to get things rolling. The Hive Mind will use its collective intelligence to provide solution development services to organizations of every size. And its first client is – the HiVE!
Here’s the Design Challenge:
The HiVE is a shared workspace. We have both a permanent desk area and what we call a “hot desk area,” which is a multi-use space. By day it features desks for HiVE bees to work temporarily, and by night becomes event space for many awesome gatherings.
So it’s kind of a big deal.
The Challenge: Create a better quality hot desk space that will benefit current members and attract new hot deskers, while preserving its ability to effortlessly transform into an event space.
We’re looking for ideas related to the following:
- Interior Design: acoustical dampening, lighting, furniture, feng shui
- Marketing / Branding: to increase hot desk membership, social media roadmap
- Programming: educational/fun/enlightening events?
- Wildcard: the hot desk area is missing an “it” factor. How do we re-conceptualize ground zero?
- Functionality of space for programming/events
- Modularity of movement
- Sustainability: reused or local materials, energy consciousness
- Dynamic, attractive, seductive, fun!
Presentation of solutions: Elevator Pitch – 90 SECONDS or less
- Name it.
- How it might be financed
- Present it dynamically – powerpoint, images – whatever works best for your idea
A little more about Hive Mind
The Hive brings some of the best and liveliest minds in the city together. The range of companies and individuals who work and collaborate is broad – from industrial designers to process architects, from apps aficionados to green building gurus, from landscape architects to photographers. More than simply space mates, they share a desire to work together, and to create a real and ongoing positive impact in the drive to a more sustainable world and community. The Hive Mind taps into this vibrant resource, offering solution services to organizations of all kinds, turning multiple minds to integrated, elegant and often unconsidered approaches to overcoming any of a myriad of organizational and operational challenges.